Friday, January 8, 2010

Virtue implants are a bad idea

I have always pined for a Virtue set. My prober alt has all the probing skills maxed, the +6% scan strength and deviation implants and a faction launcher and probes, so the only thing left to increase his probing ability is the really expensive implants. Let me tell you this; maxing your skills is well worth it, my alt probes like a machine. I can scan systems in a fraction of the time of most other people. I can combat probe almost any ship in 2 scans. As valuable as increases in scan strength are, forking out a load of isk for implants is a bad idea if you probe in hostile places. In a week I have killed 3 covert ops probers and a tech I prober all while they were uncloaked and probing. Why were they uncloaked… who knows, what matters is that they were. You might think to yourself I always stay cloaked, I’m not that dumb, but you and I both know that there has been more than once that you looked down and noticed that for one reason or another you were uncloaked when you shouldn’t have been. Luckily for you, somebody wasn’t there to put you in your pod and then your favorite station. That’s right I’ve killed every pod of the probers I kill. Most likely because they are either afk or too busy changing their probe sizes to notice their shields getting alpha’d. And then they find themselves having a mail conversation like this:

(to GM)
Wow what a learning curve today we just starting playing with wormholes and i did not realize you can cloak after you drop your probes as my buddy just told me..........my bad.
That was one exspensive lesson for me today! good on ya fly safe hope you got a few good goodies on that one
Cheers

(to Prober Guy)
we've all done it, ive lost alot of ships to stupid shit
thanks for the sisters launcher though i promise it will be put to good use..... murdering people
i hope the pod kill wasnt too bad, fly safe.... er

(to GM)
nah nothinn to bad all +5 implants and about 500 mill on the other 5 haha..... all i can do is laugh about it now.

Flying a fitted ship like that I can find it easy to believe his implant story. That is the king of bad beats. I was truly amazed that in a week of being logged in 23/7 with two cloaked ships that not once did I leave one of them uncloaked to be popped by the people I was ransoming. Quite frankly I was paranoid, before going afk for a few hours I would check each character at least twice to make sure it wasn’t off, and any time I walked by the computer I would check again. Of course just last night I found myself shrinking core probes when I noticed I wasn't cloaked, I was lucky. For now I’ll keep my +3s and cheap scan implants. I'll leave you with another funny mail that i recieved from a guy who apparently was writing it when I uncloaked on him:

:(
From: LInkAtPlug
Sent: 2009.12.30 21:59
To: Genocide Machine,

Easy Easy ...

I have no active my cloack ! Juste probing snif ...

Lol ++ i see u now :p

1 comment:

  1. lol ???? WTF i m linkatplug and i don t thinks u lol ... i have mail u ? u have kill me ig ? lol

    ReplyDelete