Friday, January 8, 2010

Hulkaggedon 1.5

If you are reading my blog, then I can only assume you are aware that Hulkaggedon II is currently going on. You would think that instead of wasting time writing this blog I’d be out trying to win one of the sweet prizes, but you don’t realize I won Hulkaggedon 1.5 just last week and the prize was 50M, not a free Tengu, but nothing to sneeze at. Every time I get a Hulk on scan my heart swells three sizes too big and I go into super prober mode and do all my little tricks to avoid detection delivering my precious killing machine with pinpoint accuracy 20km from the target (usually still cloaked). So it is a bit of a let down when you realize that the hulk isn’t piloted and any idiot with combat probes could have spent 20 minutes trying to triangulate (or is it quadrangulate) its position. Neither of my characters can drive a hulk, so the only logical thing to do when you find an empty ship you can’t drive is blow it up. Finding empty ships in wormholes is something I’ve gotten used to. A week before this Hulk I found 5 empty coveters sitting in the middle of nowhere. I killed them so rapidly and they were almost all moduleless that the kill mail filters wouldn’t accept them all because the kill mails were identical except 2 of them, that’s why only 2 show up in my kill mails. So an empty Hulk didn’t strike me as weird, but the two cans labeled with time next to it did. According to server time they were 12 hours old. They certainly could have been labeled by someone’s local time but it was strange enough to make me look inside. They were both full of 50M in POS fuel total. Luckily for me the static hi sec hole led to within 4 jumps of Amarr where I quickly fitted up an iteron 5 and moved all that beautiful fuel into my wallet. Now who leaves a fully fitted hulk and 50M in POS fuel sitting in the middle of nowhere? I assumed that someone was leaving it all there to come back for so I waited, but no one ever came back. Im sure this is a simple failure to book mark the exit or closed wormhole self destruct story, but I thought you might appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment