Friday, January 8, 2010

It was a long time coming

Although I'm no greybeard I have been playing eve for approximately three years. Since the very first few weeks I have always wanted to solo pvp in a stealth bomber. Its not a novel idea, the forums are full of newbs convinced that the stealth bomber is their key to pvp l33tness. In the beginning I didn’t have the skills to fly one, and then once I could I never had the isk. Of course, this was when stealth bombers weren't the pick of the litter, back before they were changed the first time. To make a long story short there was always something that kept me from pvp, skills, isk, real life obligations, experience, everything added up to make a three year character with virtually no kills. It was a sad existence of exploration and a few missions.

I had a few real life friends who played, but were scattered throughout New Eden in a similar situation. At some point the stars aligned and I managed to start to glob together my real life friends into our own very small corporation Ritual Suicide. Our numbers grew to enough that we could start fielding small gangs of tech I fits and off we went into Querious guns blazing, with me fleet commanding. We were surprisingly effective for largely pvp newbs. We got a few notable kills including an apoc and a vagabond. The corporation has had its ups and downs since, but we for the most part have managed to stay together and still run regular pvp operations, although some of us have upgraded to tech II hulls on occasion. It was at this point that I finally had it all, the skills, the isk, the experience and the intestinal fortitude to climb into the stealth bomber that I always coveted and best of all the class had gone through two overhauls, finally making it a very capable hull. I saddled up Genocide Machine in his hound and my prober alt, Genocide Forge, in his cheetah and off I went into wormholes looking for a few unfortunate newbs. I lost a few bombers in the beginning, but the experience I gained from those losses was invaluable. I was markedly successful in the beginning, but it was one specific period of about a week that truly opened my eyes to what EVE Online is all about and convinced me to write this blog. I have seen some incredible things inside those holes, shit I would never have believed if I hadn’t been there and made the kill mail to prove it. These are they.

No comments:

Post a Comment