Friday, January 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

In the beginning I don’t think Niccolo believed that I would actually stay too long after he didn’t pay, but he was wrong. He paid the price first when he dawdled too long after looting a site in his alts thrasher, which resulted in the destruction of the ship and all the loot from the site, 50% of which became space dust and 50% of which became mine. This engagement puzzled me to no end. At the time of the looting, Niccolo was in his drake at the POS, I know because i always watch the tower with my alt when I engage in my bomber, so I assumed that Niccolo would warp out the second I engaged. I also assumed that knowing there was a stealth bomber in system he would fit a warp stab to his destroyer and spend as little time as possible outside the POS in it. Instead when he finished looting the site he drove that destroyer into the center of the collidable structure that dominated the site. It was so well pinned in there that he would have no chance of warping out should he need to, which he was about to. I uncloaked and engaged. Not only did Niccolo not come out in his drake, but I managed to kill the pod too.

Who goes afk after jamming your ship inside a collidable structure with a stealth bomber lurking around? I know what you are thinking, but the station was not in the warp path back to the POS. Niccolo was not a complete idiot, maybe one day he will find this post and enlighten us as to what was going on that day. After this loss he began to intently try and bait me out. For hours he and his corp mates would try and get me to uncloak by passing haulers through the hole with a drake ready to warp in, or send a rifter out to furiously circle the hole trying to uncloak me. At these times I typically would half watch their attempts and half watch LOST Season 5, which recently came out on DVD. At some point I killed Nic's Retreiver, but honestly I don't even remember doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment