Sunday, January 10, 2010

Juves with knives

I play just about every game under the sun and in my varied past I was fortunate enough to play in a very active league of Necromunda. I assume that the vast majority of you, have no idea what that is. Necromunda is a miniatures game where you have a gang of hardened gang members fighting for dominance in an ultra futuristic hive city set in the 40K Millennia. Every time your gang fights you accrue experience and they get better or die off. Well through the luck of the die roles my gang had an incredible nack for picking up lots of new recruits, I think at one point I had 6 of what the game called juves. Most people would equip their new recruits with a variety of guns, chainsaws and armor, but I always took a different approach. Faced with so many new recruits my juves were always forced to prove themselves in combat before being given any equipment other than the knife they showed up with. Thus my hardened team of gang veterans were followed along by a gaggle of teenagers with knives throwing themselves into the fray in hopes of wounding something. If I recall correctly only one juve ever earned a weapon.

What does this have to do with EVE? I wish Sianen could have been one of my juves. I know Sianen in real life but for reasons that are complicated we can’t exactly fly together. Who is Sianen and why does he matter, well currently he is the #1 ranked Hulkaggedon II killer by points. That is impressive enough in its own right, but what is really impressive is that he created his character in October of 2009. He had always played MMOs, but never EVE before. In real life he is brilliant, so when he started playing EVE I knew he would great at it, but #1 in a game wide competition I did not expect. It goes to show you what is the true limiting factor in EVE, intelligence. Way to go Sianen, I’m rooting for you. If you are rooting for this Cinderella story of murder send him a donation. Of course this is a blog about killing people in WHs so here you go. Scan, Retreiver, combat probes, F1, lock, F2, F3 collect KM. The fun part was afterwards. He comes back in his drake, with two friends one in a jaguar and one in a Hurricane. They dropped a small bubble near the exit hole and the Drake and Jaguar began camping me. I’m not sure what the Hurricane was up to, but he was elsewhere. We discussed in corp chat:

Genocide Forge > boy i stirred these guys up
HevyDevy II > they trying to bait you?
Genocide Forge > they are full on camping me
HevyDevy II > for a second there, I thought you were in trouble
Genocide Machine > oh no
HevyDevy II > they don't understand, you're not trapped in there with them, they are trapped in there with you!
Genocide Forge > lol

My boys showed up in some combat ships, but these three had already left and as far as I could tell; either logged or stayed in high sec. I went back and BM’d their tower, but they were never active until the WHs shut. One hole deeper and later that night I got another kill which I will discuss more later.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing he had that armor repper fit, otherwise he might have gotten ganked. Oh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sianen is #1 in HG2? That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete