Friday, January 8, 2010

The beginning of the end

The events that brought about the end of this destructive conflict started on January 4th, with the following conversation in local:

Khalri > evening.
Genocide Forge > yes?
Khalri > just wondering how you are.
Genocide Forge > excellent and you?
Khalri > good.
Khalri > bit bored at the mo.
Genocide Forge > yousould go gank people in WHs its alot of fun
Khalri > lol
Khalri > so I've heard.
Khalri > you've been the most interesting thing going on round here for weeks!
Genocide Forge > you could always get an operating liscense from Genocide Machine
Khalri > operating license?
Khalri > oh, right... this is the bit that our leadership didn't tell us about...
Khalri > lol
Khalri > looks like we're fucked then.
(I invite GM to the convo)
Genocide Machine > Unfortunately your corporation has been found operating without a Ritual Suicide Operating Liscense which has resulted in the lost of many ships. However a payment of 100M plus 30M late payment fee will result in our field agent leaving the system.
Khalri > yeah, this corp doesn't seem to work like that...
(GM leaves the convo)
Genocide Forge > sry that guy is a jerk, i just probe for him.
Khalri > the leadership paid everyone for their work...
Khalri > and they all fucked off.
Khalri > and now there is no money for things like ransoms...
Genocide Forge > thats unfortunate
Khalri > did try to tell them...
Khalri > also there's no pvpers here to protect them.
Genocide Forge > but that genocide machine gets ALOT of kills around here so he is unlikely to leave
Genocide Forge > yeah he noticed
Genocide Forge > http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=111904
Khalri > think that he's probably going to be getting a load more...
Genocide Forge > sorry i gotta go back to camping this drake in a tower, ltr
Khalri > hey, that's me!!
Khalri > o/

(new private convo)

Khalri > hi
Khalri > having a nice day?
Khalri > are you still camping our wh?
Khalri > well, anyhow.
Khalri > gotta be the most interesting thing that's happened around here in weeks.
Genocide Machine > Since the ransom has failed to be paid, I have not left.
Khalri > yes, I know. I was just speaking to your alt.
Khalri > hmm...
Khalri > anychance that we could come to a personal arrangement?
Genocide Machine > i like you, a personnal operating liscense could be bought for 30M
Khalri > oh well... I don't have that sort of money unfortunately...

(new convo)

Khalri > what would the forcefield password be worth to you?
Khalri > it's just that my corp mates have stranded me here.
Khalri > oh well, clearly not worth anything to you.
Khalri > I'm off to bed then.
Genocide Machine > wait
Genocide Machine > are you willing to sell it?
Khalri > I just want to know where the wh exit is.
Genocide Machine > ill give you that if you give me the password and dont tell a soul
Genocide Machine > ill leave it in a can
(his corp mate logs on in a legion, long pause)
Khalri > ok.
Khalri > where will the can be?
Genocide Machine > everything has changed with the legion on
Genocide Machine > now u know the way out
Genocide Machine > so what is the impetous to give me the pw?
Khalri > yeah, you're right.
Khalri > you could give me loads of money...
Genocide Machine > id pay 100M after i figured out that it actually worked which would not be tonight but within a few days
Khalri > ok
Khalri > I agree.
Genocide Machine > i will test it within 48 hours, if it works, ill pay you 100M
Khalri > The password is "Un1c0rnzG0!"
Genocide Machine > ok a deal is a deal
Genocide Machine > and thnk you the gankers of the world love you
Genocide Machine > the ! is part of it?
Khalri > yes
Genocide Machine > ok thx
Khalri > it has an exclamation mark at the end.
Khalri > and thanks.
Genocide Machine > i see that
Khalri > I could do with that cash right now.
Genocide Machine > well its not coming now
Genocide Machine > i will be in contact

So I learned a little more about RSE in the process and had what I assumed to be a bogus password. In the previous day the corp had offlined almost all the modules in the tower, I assumed for either another period of inactivity or to take down the tower. It just so happened that night many of my real life friends (from Ritual Suicide) were over and we were playing a game of Shogun while the above conversation happened. I ended up losing the game quite badly because I ended up watching them start to take down their tower. They pooped out all the ships in their ship hangers and started flying them out. During that they unanchored most of the modules inside the shields. They had a drake and a legion flying cover for the whole operation. I jumped out into highsec to find that we were only 9 jumps from my home system. I stationed my bomber and headed to Rens for a plated torp typhoon with some neuts and a smartbomb. My friends headed home and logged into their bombers and headed over. The drake was camping the hole with the legion staying at the POS. When I jumped in the typhoon the hole was empty but they quickly engaged me with the drake and legion. I managed to get the drake to structure and it jumped into high sec. I was at about 50% structure when I too headed to the safety of high sec. I repaired and was back at the wormhole entrance in a couple minutes. We talked:

Genocide Forge > gf
Genocide Forge > props for bringing the shinny
Royzon > sure, why not :)
Genocide Forge > cause i got lots of friends
Genocide Forge > but they are sleepy tonight
Genocide Forge > still nice to see adecent fight even though no one pop'd
Royzon > well, I got plenty of friends too, but I dont threat with them
Genocide Forge > ah i didnt mean it like that... but touche

How I meant it was, my whole corp flies stealth bombers, in fact they are on their way, and just because we are fighting next to a wormhole that you can jump through at any minute doesn’t mean any one of my friends wouldn’t get concorded to finish off a strat cruiser in structure. Regardless, Royzon was right, threatening people with your friends beating them up is pretty low, my apologies. Once my peeps showed up Royzon and Nic realized that they were beat, at least for the night, and were ready to talk:

Royzon > how much isk for you to let us take the pos down and get out of here?
Genocide Forge > 130M
Royzon > 130m wont hapend anytime
Genocide Forge > im glad i dont have to work tommarrow then

So the campaign continued another night. Nic and his boys settled in for the night and went inactive, with my peeps around in their bombers we took the opportunity to terrorize the neighbors who happened to be taking down their POS too. Of course this time I had enough points. The short story on this guy is that he was off lining the guns outside his shield when we uncloaked and ganked him. Let me tell you this, that guy lasted a long time against 3 stealth bombers and the guns did end up taking a shot at me, which made me poop a little. We had considered waiting until they off lined the tower to get the 2 orcas inside, but it was almost 1 am at the time and I was ready to log. Real life would end up playing a big part in this saga. As for the password, unless I was missing something, it was a fake. I tried to warp in and get some of their unattended ships as well as attempted to drive my prober through the shields only to bounce off. Now I have admitted before that I'm not an expert about POS maintenance, but I've dealt with passwords before, back in my Slyph days, and never had similar problems back then so I assume I was using it correctly. If not I feel bad for not paying that guy, but not that bad, as selling your corps password is pretty low. Selling the enemy a fake though isn't too bad.

1 comment:

  1. So let me get this straight... You basically kicked a corp out of their wormhole solo in a stealth bomber?

    That's fucking AWEsome!

    ReplyDelete