Thursday, January 14, 2010

Extra sloppy

When you keep one of your guys back to make sure everyone gets out, it is advisable to keep the guy with the probe launcher back. It was inevitable, I knew before long I would find my probeless bomber lost in space. As mentioned in my last post, I kept my bomber back while all my boys escaped back to the safety of high sec after killing a Raven. When the last two guys arrived they reported that the WH had collapsed. I tried to jump myself and was greeted with the “this wormhole has collapsed message.” My cov ops was on autopilot back to home base and my bomber, another bomber and a rifter would have to go it alone. I was surprisingly calm about the whole situation. The good news was that I already had the BMs to three different wormholes all of which had towers in them. The bad news was that I had just blown up the battleship of the only corp active at the moment. I swallowed my pride and headed back to ground zero for a little diplomacy:

Genocide Machine > sooooooo....
Genocide Machine > anyone willing to talk?
Michael Xaviar > about what?
Genocide Machine > well wouldnt you know that our exit closed when one of our frigs jumped through
Genocide Machine > yes i know u guys love this
Genocide Machine > Id be willing to buy anexit
Michael Xaviar > lol, good try :)
Genocide Machine > if you need some proof on my honor you can check out my blog wormholekiller.blogspot.com
Genocide Machine > and i know this sounds like a scam
Genocide Machine > but you can leave the BM in a can at a random planet
Genocide Machine > we dont have to fleet
Genocide Machine > ill pay 30M, id give you back your loot, but of course... that was in the prober that made it out
Michael Xaviar > well i lost 2 invuln fields.... so pay me 600mil and then we have a deal... otherwise.. f off

(I read the KM for the first time)

Genocide Machine > oh shit i just noticed that
Genocide Machine > sry bout the bad beat dude
Genocide Machine > we'll talk withthe neighbors
Genocide Machine > fly safe.... er

Now he was a little upset at the time, which I can understand, if all my friends left me for dead in my 800M Raven I’d be upset as well. The neighbors were still offline, and the third hole was at end of life, so I decided to stay in the hole with a tower that I hadn’t attacked yet. The two bombers decided to log for a bit and the rifter self-destructed. I came back on a little later and Xavier was ready to talk again:

Michael Xaviar > did you guys get out?
Genocide Machine > he he nope
Michael Xaviar > even though the hole never closed and we watched a corp mate of yours go through?
Genocide Machine > we didnt come through that hole
Genocide Machine > we came through from the unk hole into your system
Genocide Machine > we are stuck in J204030
Genocide Machine > well we are stuck in a network of whs till all the holes close
Genocide Machine > out of curiosity why didnt you guys fight back? a couple light drones or even mediums and we would have run
] Michael Xaviar > i see.... oh well... you only forced me to go passive (cheaper) a bit sooner than i had planned.... but would have liked to sell those things instead of losing them...
Michael Xaviar > why didnt we?
Genocide Machine > i feel your pain man, it was a bad beat
Genocide Machine > i will increase the pay to 50M if we can exchange the BM fast and with no funny business
Michael Xaviar > well honestly you caught me by surprise... we are supposed to have someone actively scanning... but apparently they lied about doing so.....
Genocide Machine > my wife wants to go to bed
Genocide Machine > lol, yeah thats always the story, its tough to be that disciplined
Genocide Machine > well i completely understand if you want to leave me to roat in here (<-- Illiterate moron) Michael Xaviar > well when im the designated scanner im clicking scan fast enough it yells at me...
Genocide Machine > *rot
Genocide Machine > i really do appreciate the interest, but i need to log if you arent going to help
Michael Xaviar > honestly.... I have very little incentive to help you. as I dont care about the isk... id rather just give you an inconvenience.... nothing personal.... sorry
Genocide Machine > understood later dude
Michael Xaviar > night

Decent guy for just getting popped. Luckily at that time a drake came up on scan, wouldn’t you know the drake we tried to alpha in the last post was back. This time of course I was a little less aggressive:

Genocide Machine > boomstick?
Genocide Machine > i need an exit and am willing to pay
Jenus Syi > how much?
Genocide Machine > 30M
Genocide Machine > drop the exit to this hole at a planet and ill pay after im out
Genocide Machine > no funny business of course
Genocide Machine > ifeel obligated to warn you in a SB
Jenus Syi > manticore?
Genocide Machine > no that is my buddy who is also lost
Genocide Machine > im in this
Genocide Machine > hit scan
Genocide Machine > u pick the planet and jettison it
Genocide Machine > and then move on and tell me where it is
Jenus Syi > so your int he hound?
Genocide Machine > not that i can solo a drake
Genocide Machine > thats me
Genocide Machine > unless of course you arent in the drake, since it is off scan now
Jenus Syi > well the last exit closed, buddy is just got the new one
Genocide Machine > well the "old one" closed cause the rest of us jumped through it
Jenus Syi > my buddy is going ot dump it next to a planet
Genocide Machine > we closed it in frig... that i did not expect
Master Looney > :)
Genocide Machine > i see your heron
Genocide Machine > u have been on before (I of course was trying to kill him at the time)
Master Looney > s'true
Genocide Machine > i dont want to rush this (cause i want out) but i need to go to bed (my wife is a bit pissed, lol)
Genocide Machine > that manticore is coming back on inhopes of gettting out
Master Looney > dumping a BM for you
Genocide Machine > k let me know the planet
Genocide Machine > who exactly am i paying?
Genocide Machine > or splitting it?
Jenus Syi > just give it to looney
Genocide Machine > wht planet?
Master Looney > platnet I
Genocide Machine > ill pay you before i leave system

(I warp in and see a drake sitting just off the can cloak up)

Genocide Machine > id appreciate the drake leaving
Genocide Machine > u mind uncloaking the drake so i know he isnt gonna jump me?

(The drake uncloaks and warps off)

Jenus Syi > yeah im jumpin in my system
Jenus Syi > warpin there now

(I get the BM and test it, I pay them)

Master Looney > GL with the wife :)
Genocide Machine > thanks you kindly
Genocide Machine > lolthx

Corp chat was a celebration:

Genocide Machine > im getting the exit now
Genocide Machine > it is in a can right now
Genocide Machine > just a min
HevyDevy II > k
Genocide Machine > k got it
HevyDevy II > i saw
HevyDevy II > i'm about 65km from where the can was (that’s my boy)
Genocide Machine > warp to 10 on GM
HevyDevy II > warping
Rhohktar Gallimafury > well, son of a bitch, you got out ehh? (the guy who SD’d)
HevyDevy II > just about
Genocide Machine > u got it?
HevyDevy II > yeah, drving to the hole
Rhohktar Gallimafury > took me this long to rebuild my ship
HevyDevy II > i'm out
Genocide Machine > hooray

This series of events was the first indicator that I was getting sloppy. At the time I had managed 43 kills in my bomber, very few of which were close calls. I made it out with my favorite bomber, but there was more trouble on the way.

3 comments:

  1. "(I warp in and see a drake sitting just off the can cloak up)"

    Am I missing something here? How did you know he was there if he was cloaked? Not that he could've targetted you anyhow, with the sensor recal timer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw him cloak, ie he disappeared without warping off which is very identifiable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! To tell you the truth, i don't care who you are, but if you are a self proclaimed worm hole inhabitant without at least one "i got stuck this one crazy time after x, y, and z happend" story then you haven't been doing it long enough!

    You can swear you take all precautions but its only a matter of time before it happens if you're out there in w-space for real.

    ReplyDelete