Monday, January 11, 2010

Fighting back is allowed

I used to think that stealth bombers were broken, If I can rack up kills this fast in one, then they must be overpowered, but too many times do I read kill mails and wonder how the guy didn’t drive me off. Stealth bombers are paper thin and rather expensive. Base fittings for any respectable bomber is about 50M and most people put faction/DED micros or afterburners on and I use tech II calefaction catalyst rigs which run 20M. I’m not going to risk my effectively uninsurable bomber if you put up any reasonable fight.

This encounter started like so many others, a drake on scan in a system with a tower. The drake was not producing wrecks and it was not at an anomaly, which was weird. I combat probed him and found him at a ladar site shooting towers. I hate ladar sites, they tend to have little bits of asteroids all over the place which tend to uncloak the protagonist (or antagonist depending on your point of view). I managed to find a safe spot about 20km from him. When he finished he warped off and came back in this. That little cruiser was a tough nut to crack and it took me at least 40s if not a good deal longer to finally kill him. At one point he even managed to out distance my point, until I overheated it. The drake warped back in at about 50km, but he was 60km by the time I looted the wreck and didn’t really concern me. I looted the wreck and headed back to high sec.

Upon inspection of the KM I noticed he was carrying 7 light drones?!??! Did it ever occur to him to launch them at me? I guess not. This wasn’t the most interesting story and normally I would have skipped it all together, but I wanted to impress (again) on people that just because someone attacks you doesn’t mean they are going to, or even expect, to win. Fight back, hell I have to fly all over the place to get a fight, you should be happy that all you have to do is go harvest some clouds and the fights find you!

2 comments:

  1. Hey great blog man :D
    ..i very much like your stories ...
    keep them comming ..please :D
    ...
    I live in wh since i was 3 month old char and i also mainly pvp in wh-s (yes also with my trusty hound and shrapnel bombs :) )...
    its nice to see when you write aboat fammiliar situations, and thoughts in that situations ...
    I am just a new player (only 8 months old) but my opinion is wh life is the real pvp space simulation mmo..just my two isk :D

    btw ..maybe well meet someday in some wh...
    if so ..regardless of the possible fight/losses or wins you have few caldari bane torpedos and shrapnel bomb on me...:D

    Fly safe stelthy and deadly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you should be happy that all you have to do is go harvest some clouds and the fights find you!" -- Lulz!

    Your targets are probably so shocked at being attacked that they just completely brain dump everything relevant except getting the hell out of dodge.

    ReplyDelete