Friday, January 8, 2010

They're more scared of you than you are of them

Since I spend most of my time scouting through class 1-3 wormholes I see ALOT of drakes. Now anyone who flies a stealth bomber will tell you a drake is just about the worst opponent you can run into, they have a ton of hitpoints, carry 5 small drones and use heavy missiles which you can’t speed tank all that well. While most people just move on, I have learned to stick around, because although you can’t kill a drake you can kill the destroyer that comes afterwards to loot the site.

This time however the Drake I warped in on was looting the site as he was running it, which meant my only chance was going to be to kill the drake. As usual I checked his employment record and saw that he was barely a few months old. Furthermore I was watching his only drones get chewed up by the sleepers, which meant his biggest threat to me was now gone. As soon as the last sleeper died I uncloaked and began my attack run with a bomb. What surprised me is that he didn’t immediately return fire, but in fact waited awhile to retarget me and even longer to start shooting. But when he did start firing back he eventually got me into armor about the time I got him to 20% shields (using explosive damage, it took awhile), knowing that his kinetic damage would go through my armor faster than it did my shield I warped off to live to fight another day. On my way out I noticed that he had put out probes to find the exit and since I had come through a long string of wormholes to get to this class 2 I figured it’d be easy to probe an exit out from here as well. I beat him to the exit handedly and figured Id nicely point him in the proper direction to ease his way out:

Genocide Machine > its hma-946 gf
Genocide Machine > its right between planet 4 and 2

I started flying home for the night, but I was completely unprepared for the conversation I was about to have.

Viktorieya > you nearly had me there. whyd you stop?
Genocide Machine > sorry about that whole unfortunate misunderstanding
Genocide Machine > u had me in armor
Viktorieya > misunderstanding?
Genocide Machine > doing kinetic damage i would have been toast
Genocide Machine > thats a joke
Viktorieya > :-)
Genocide Machine > you would have popped me before i got u
Genocide Machine > u get out?
Viktorieya > were they torps?
Viktorieya > nope
Genocide Machine > yeah all bombers carry torps
Viktorieya > they work well.
Genocide Machine > the wormhole out is right inbetween planet 2 and 4
Viktorieya > thanks.
Genocide Machine > you realy need to carry 5 light drones
Viktorieya > they were already dead
Genocide Machine > ah keep them in your drone bay the sleepers eat them up
Genocide Machine > and only use them to scare off bombers
Viktorieya > thanks for the tip
Genocide Machine > if u are in WHs alot you are gonna seealot of bombers.... but a drakes shields plus 5 light drones means they willnever get you
Viktorieya > yeah. its the warp scramming i hate
Viktorieya > normally someone else joins the party
Genocide Machine > yeah
Genocide Machine > WHs are ridiculously dangerous... thanks to people like me
Viktorieya > were you watching me long, or just warp in?
Genocide Machine > your whole fight
Genocide Machine > i was there when u came in
Viktorieya > sneaky
Genocide Machine > im helping my wife wrap presents and stalking you
Viktorieya > get boring though?
Genocide Machine > see above
Genocide Machine > i love the stalk
Viktorieya > ahhh, happy christmas then.
Genocide Machine > my wingman left just before i found u, which was too bad.... 2 em bombs and you would have been toast
Genocide Machine > u 2
Viktorieya > yeah. when you first hit me i thought i was gone. just about to hit self destruct
Genocide Machine > lol
Genocide Machine > dont do that in a drake.... dude drakes are hard as nails
Genocide Machine > i saw you were relatively young character so i gave it a whirl..... i figured i wouldnt win
Viktorieya > yeah but i was expecting someone else to come in too
Genocide Machine > it would have been nice
Genocide Machine > but i solo most o fthe time inthis... and im generally pretty lucky... most people go get a dedicated salvager and use that
Genocide Machine > which i blow up and take all the loot
Viktorieya > better luck next time. im almost finished training covert ops 5 so ill be out there in my manticore soon enough
Genocide Machine > cool fly safe
Viktorieya > cya\

No comments:

Post a Comment