Friday, January 8, 2010

First Contact

While logged out I came to the conclusion that if I stayed long enough and was successful enough at destroying their ships or at least disrupting their operations they might be willing to pay me in order to leave, so I started sending every ship I killed this email:

Greetings,
Ritual Suicide is pleased to announce we have dispatched a field agent, Genocide Machine, to WH system J210355 and its neighboring systems. He has been very successful in eliminating unliscenced pilots. Operating liscences are available for 100M per corporation, which is payable directly to your field agent, Genocide Machine. Upon payment your field agent will be relocated to another wormhole system to continue the good fight against unliscensed wormhole operations. Until the fee is paid your field agent will remain in your wormhole. We know that you have a choice when it comes to operating liscense providers and we thank you for choosing Ritual Suicide.
Happy Holidays,
Ritual Suicide

The first ship to receive such a mail was a Badger Mark II driven by their leader Niccolo Paganini, who ended up podded in the encounter for the first of two times. He wrote back that he thought the mail was funny; turns out he was a decent chap.

Nice mail, lol :)
Nic

So began my campaign of misfortune on RSE. I knew that they would have me and likely my alt address booked and thus I stayed logged in virtually 23/7. Niccolo typically matched my logged in time with either himself or his alt Phoehnix which was in an NPC corp at the time but was still referenced from their corp bio page. Now the beautiful thing about our game of cat and also cat was that I didn’t actually have to be in the wormhole to be doing damage. Once I knew the timers on the static holes I was free to roam through the other neighboring holes and probe other holes from the high sec J210355 was always connected to. It was typically in these holes that I racked up the majority of my kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment