Friday, January 8, 2010

Limited edition kill mails

I don't care who you are the Zephyr was a cool gift from CCP. Some people didn't realize that they didn't actually mean for you to use your Zephyr. It's a cruel trick that CCP played on newbs; giving them a cool new ship that allows them to bumble through arguably the most dangerous areas EVE has to offer. I almost feel bad for this guy and I'm very glad he didn't convo me because I'm a sucker for a sob story in a post kill convo. Regardless of his loss at least it was in his Zephyr's natural habitat and not undocking from Jita 4-4. At least it's hull got to feel the special crispness of unknown space. He might even have gotten a glimpse of a sleeper before he woke up in his favorite station, again hopefully not Jita 4-4. After my recent amassing of kill mails I have come to realize that kill mails don't mean much. Without the knowledge of how it went down they only offer a glimpse of the whole story. Where is the skill in camping Rens in a destroyer to get your limited edition kill mail. That's like shooting a cape buffalo in a zoo. Hell if you want a Zephyr KM so much you can always just pop your alts, you know you are never going to drive the damn thing any ways.

This KM looks fairly unimpressive on its own, a tech I frig with an expensive launcher killed in a WH, not much skill in that, but the real story is far more interesting. I had already been through this wormhole earlier this day and noted what ships were unpiloted so when I saw the Imicus on scan I jumped over to the tower which I had previously bookmarked a 70km safe spot off of. Upon warp in I noticed that this Imicus was driving to a can that was anchored outside of the POS shields. Why people anchor cans outside the shields is a whole different rant, but needless to say I’m willing to say he petitioned to have them moved inside. Unfortunately for him he drove to the furthest out can and started rummaging through it. I was already there, uncloaked and made short work of him and his pod. I was cloaked and out of there before the guns had even warmed up. My alt came in and looted him under similar circumstances. I’m certainly more proud of that kill than of the hulk mentioned in “Do you realize where you are.” Interestingly enough this kill would become a small part of my next kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment