Saturday, April 17, 2010

Action, Action, Action

I’m back in the cockpit and flying sorties regularly again. Luckily I’ve had a flurry of action in the few times I’ve been out recently. One of my first stops brought me to a WH that I recognized the tower names in. I caught a few different ships on scan as I first entered the hole, but they thinned out really quickly. There was a Drake still at one of the towers acting very erratically and the pilot eventually jumped into a caracal and went out to the entrance hole. Meanwhile my wingman and I were switching over ships, me into my phoon and he was in his bomber at the hole. We eventually took the bait and engaged with my wingman’s bomber as I jumped through in my phoon. A whole mess of backup showed up in the form of an Onyx, Harbringer, and Dominix. My wingman vacated before the cavalry showed up and I traded a few blows, but jumped back to high sec once I hit armor. They convo’d my alt which they knew was still likely in system.

Kalex Khan > We really wished we had a mining site up, or something better to bait you with :)
Mynril > update your blog ;D
Bodega Cat > Trying for another blog update right?
Genocide Forge > yeah
Genocide Forge > im back in the game
Mynril > we were missing ya ;)
Genocide Forge > i know rl is kicking my butt
Kiritsubo > it tastes like fail
Genocide Forge > o/ ltr good hunting
Mynril > take care

I’m not sure why they didn’t point the bomber early. I can only imagine that the caracal had a scrambler vice a disruptor. If they had pointed it, they would likely have gotten it. I’m sure they will chime in and I’d enjoy hearing the other side of the story. I stopped by the next morning to check up on them.

In the hole next door we had a whole lot more fun that night. We quickly located and popped a Covetor and his pod. The pilot's alt jumped into a Manticore and disappeared off scan. We tried to get him to uncloak near the hole for a little bit, but he was either too smart or not around. We moved on, but returned later that night. I jumped through and cloaked up and was met in local with this:

Sanne Allows > aw, comon, it was one little bomb.. lets play.....
Sanne Allows > ok, if yer gana be pussys about it, at least tell me if yer still hear so I can get back to work.

It seemed that he had been playing a game of cat and imaginary mouse with us since we had left. Not appreciating be called a pussy and loathing his particular brand of new age leet speech we decided to camp his system for the rest of the night. He left out to high sec eventually and we terrorized a large number of transients through the hole including this guy and an anathema that we had to about 50% structure. In a very short time we managed to get a lot of action, which was refreshing.

On a separate note, I lost my first bomber in a long time. I would have preferred Mynril’s gang get it, but instead I lost it to AFKing into low sec to buy skill books. It had been a while since I “newbed” a ship.

4 comments:

  1. Great to see an update. It's refreshing to see the other side of the situation. I'll give an account of what happened on our end.

    We had someone cloaked by our hi sec hole when you first came in, so we were definately put on alert. Instantly recognized your name, so we knew the hunt was on.

    The biggest issue was trying to bait you out. We knew you prob had your scanner or friend in system with you as well. We had zero grav sites up, and only a couple combat sites. We assumed if we took the time to clear a site, and start salvaging, you'd pop our salv and be outta there before we even finished warping in, so that seemed like it would be a giant waste of time. So we tried to have the caracal act like a clueless corp member, maybe about to poke out the hole to buy skills or who knows. It was pretty transparent, but we had little options.

    I wasn't actually at the caracal while you two where locked (Was mid warp), assuming he couldnt get you webbed or anything, since you got out of disrupt range apparently.

    Was a fun 30 minutes though, our hole had been void of any intruders for about a week so it was definately nice.

    Safe hunting o/

    - Mynril

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a feeling that the Caracal was bait, but what the hell we don't PvP because it's safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also nice kill on my scanner at 7am, nothing like waking up, checking out the hole, and almost spitting my cereal out of my mouth in boxers thinking the system was dead asleep ;)

    Serves me right for getting too comfortable.

    Mynril

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our second contact with our favorite blogger! I was cloaked at the hi sec when you first came in...funny but I knew I knew you but couldn't think of from where. As soon as I mentioned it to one of my corp mates it all came back( you have been silent for quite a while now) Good to see you but it would be better to taste some blood!

    On a funnier note we really punished the guys next door as I got a covetor and pod also the morning after your kill. Poor bastads!!

    ReplyDelete